Friday, September 9, 2016

QR Code Orientation instructions

I hate giving power point orientations. My students are bored. I'm bored. It's not super effective. So i decided to flip the lesson and let them learn about my policies and procedures by going on a QR Code Quest.  I do this with grades 3-5. (Maybe some 2nd grade classes too)

1. Create a power point of rules and policies.
2. Type up a worksheet based on your power point that they can complete during the hunt.
3. Export the slides as jpegs.
4. Upload these images to a home online--I did google drive at first, but it seemed to crash my QR readers... so I uploaded them to an old blog of mine! (It doesn't even have to be published.)
5. Each image will now have a URL
6. Use a QR code generator-- I used http://goqr.me/  This created a code for each URL. Warning--this gets tricky, I immediately saved each QR code with a Question1, Question2, etc.
7. Create a word doc with all the QR cods to print and post around the library.
8. Download QR scanner all to your device and Voila! You have the makings for an orientation turned active learning!

Below is me posting my Jpegs, so that I can use their URLs.